Start a new topic

Static IP for the 'home business' user

I run a website from my home, but need a STATIC IP address to do so.

Is this something that is available from Greenlight Networks?

1 person likes this idea

Running a home website isn't generally in line with "Home Internet service" which is why business class internet service exist.... (Which specifically provides a static IP address for business uses.)

With that said... 

There are other solutions if Greenlight isn't able to provide a static IP for each customer ( I won't go into these, google can do that for you), but it should be possible albeit at an additional cost to the customer who requires a static IP.

Hopefully your site doesn't drag on the network performance so much that every other customer is getting substantially slower internet performance.

I am hoping to be a Greenlight Networks customer my self...

REASON WHY I WANNA SIGN UP WITH GREEN LIGHT IS BECAUSE IVE HAD ISSUE WITH TIME WARNER CONSTANTLY GOING OFF LINE ALL THE TIME ESPECIALLY WHEN YOUR DOING INTERNET FEED FOR RADIO OR VIDEO FEED FOR VIDEO YOU TOOK AND PUT IT  ON LINE IN CHAT ROOMS . THEY ALWAYS HAVE THIER ADS POPUP IVE NOTICE TELLING ME TO GET THE BUNDLE GARBAGE.I DONT WATCH MUCH CABLE ALL I WATCH IS WWE NETWORK THATS IT .AND HULU.AND THEY CHARGE NOW $8.00 FOR THE MODEM NOW PLUS TAX MONTHLY AND THIER ROAD RUNNER IS LIKE $55.00 PLUS TAX ALSO TOTAL IS LIKE $68.00 A MONTH.

Static IPs are available for $10/month.  A static IP is also included as part of our business service.

1 person likes this
Login to post a comment